Blackwell Hall is a family friendly venue with a great reputation. We care very much for our venue, our hirers and our neighbours.
It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and comply with The Blackwell Hall rules. Failure to comply with any of the rules below will result in a deduction of your deposit.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that none of your guests’ double park in the access road as this obstructs emergency vehicle access to the residents in The Mews and the Church. The Mews residents are within their rights to contact the police to get any cars removed.
• The hirer must be over the age of 30.
• FOR TEENAGE PARTIES there must be one adult over 30 years for every 10 minors under 21 years. Adults must supervise the party at all times and must periodically check the toilets, cloakroom, outside of the hall and surrounding areas to ensure that these are not being misused.
• The function must be an “invitation only” party with an adult on the door with a guest list. Anyone not on that list should not be admitted. This is to avoid “friends of friends” turning up uninvited.
• ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED FOR A TEENAGE PARTY. THERE MUST BE NO ALCOHOL ON OR OUTSIDE THE PREMISES, EVEN FOR CONSUMPTION BY THE ADULTS.
• Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed by anyone under the age of 18.
The hirer named on the booking form is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of guests at all times. Both inside the building, as well as outside and around the venue.
• You may NOT SET UP A BAR IN THE MAIN HALL but can do so in the foyer or serve from the kitchen hatch.
• The hirer is responsible for ensuring that alcohol is consumed responsibly AND LEGALLY. You are not permitted to sell alcohol.
• WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE DRUGS POLICY. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL YOUR FUNCTION IMMEDIATELY IF WE SUSPECT YOU OR YOUR GUESTS HAVE, OR ARE USING DRUGS-WE WILL CONTACT THE POLICE AND YOUR FUNCTION WILL BE TERMINATED AND YOUR DEPOSIT WITHHELD. THIS INCLUDES THE CARPARK AND SURROUNDING AREA.
• ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY OR ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOUR WILL RESULT IN THE POLICE BEING CALLED AND YOUR FUNCTION TERMINATED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT.
• Please ensure that groups do not congregate outside in All Saints Mews, the car park or the road leading to the Church. Please be considerate of our neighbours.
• The hirer is responsible for the safety of the guests for the duration of the function.
• NO CHILDREN ARE TO GO ONTO THE STAGE
• It is the hirer’s responsibility to be familiar with the Emergency Evacuation Plan and to follow the instructions within the plan.
• We only allow decorations to be fixed to the wall with either sellotape or blue tack. No nails, pins, staples or other fixings are permitted.
• Please do not use Party cannons or coloured paper streamers as these can stain the floor.
• Chewing gum, bubble gum etc is not permitted.
• The Caretaker will attend at the hall to make sure the party finishes at 11.00pm Saturday (10.30 Sunday to Friday) and the music is turned off. You have until 12.00pm Saturday (11pm Sunday to Friday) to make sure the hall is clean and tidy and for all your guests to leave the premises and its surrounds. Please ask guests to leave in a quiet manner.
• If your guests have ordered taxis, please make sure that they are instructed to arrive by 11.15 at the latest. Guests are not allowed to be at the venue after 11.30pm. (10.45 Sunday to Friday)
• CAR PARK – The management will not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of vehicles in the car park, or surrounding areas. Cars are parked at owner’s risk. The car park is shared between the Church and the hall.
• LOSS OR DAMAGE – The management will not accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of possessions in or around Blackwell Hall.
• FIRE EXITS – please make sure these are not held open or obstructed with furniture, rubbish or fire equipment. Water fire extinguishers are located by each exit and there are CO2 extinguishers next to the stage door and behind the kitchen door for electrical equipment.
• CHAIRS – please use the chair trolley to move chairs around (this is kept in the cloakroom) and if you need to move chairs out of the hall to make extra room- they can go in the committee room. When leaving please stack 8 high facing the wall. If the floor is damaged by action of dragging chairs or tables across it, deposit will be affected
• TABLES – Please clean tables before returning to the corner of the hall with the cleaning items provided. If the floor is damaged by action of dragging chairs or tables across it, deposit will be affected
• MUSIC- this MUST finish at 11pm on a Saturday (10.30 Sunday to Friday). The general noise level must not inconvenience the nearby residents and the premises must be vacated by midnight (11pm Sunday to Friday).
• Music must not be so loud that you can hear it from outside. If it is too loud, the residents of All Saints Mews will not hesitate to complain.
• REFUSE – all refuse can be put in the bins in the car park. Recycling (paper, cardboard, glass and plastic) can be put in the left bin. NO PLASTIC BAGS IN THE RECYCLING PLEASE. All other refuse can be put in the two other bins on the right. If the bins are full, open the lid and place the rubbish inside.
CLEANING – Dust mop, brooms, dustpan and hoover are in the cloakroom cupboard next to the coat pegs.
WETMOPS are in the cupboard in the lobby of the gentlemen’s WC colour coded. Please clean all surfaces before leaving. We only expect you to mop if there is a spillage or dirty area.
• All decorations, sellotape, blue tack must be cleared away by the hirer and put in the dustbins provided.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO SMOKE CIGARETTES OR E CIGARETTES ANYWHERE IN THE PREMISES.